Sonntag, 16. Mai 2010

Lady Exotica

And another post about my love to African fabrics, cut and sewn in a retro-western way.
Boxing Kitten mixes and matches African prints with 50's/60's style cuts. These pieces are just hotttt!

This is the designer behind Boxing Kitten, Maya A. Lake:
"Boxing Kitten is really about having fun with what you wear. I like things to be unexpected and I have fun with small details like metallic threads and vintage buttons. The philosophy behind the silhouettes is based around fashion of the 50’s and 60’s. When you combine those silhouettes with the fabrics that I use there is a unique result achieved. I’m also drawn to answer the question, “what is authentic,” and how that relates to being an “American.” I think the message is different for every woman that wears a piece, for some women the cuts remind them of their mother, and for others the fabric may bring them to a moment in their childhood." (more here)


Keine Kommentare: